Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mashups

Well, that about raps up the mashups. There were a couple of others I was interested in posting, but I think you'll have to wait for those. There was one I wanted to post, but it is 20MB large, so I'm not going to do it. But I'll point you to it, if you're interested. It's an interesting take on a mash by Wax Audio, in that he took as a base a Miles Davis jam from the 70's and layered over it an Angus Young guitar solo, a Miles Davis solo, Miles talking about music, a King Crimson improv, some turkish music, some Dead Can Dance and even a classic Public Enemy rap. It all ends up sounding very organic (except the Dead Can Dance part, I guess). It's called "I Can Hear It..." and you can download it straight from his site.

The only other mashes I was going to recommend are both rap-on-something-else mashes. The first is a great mashup by Party Ben of Snoop Dogg's "Drop It Like It's Hot" over Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love". The second is a nice mash of Kanye West's "Golddigger" over Bill Withers' "Use Me" by DJ Mei-Lwun, The instrumental is nicely sliced and diced to make a sweet new sounding backing track. You can search both of those down pretty easily using Google, if you're interested.

No comments: