Friday, November 20, 2009

How It Works

"But, where's the song, Risser?" I hear you venting through clenched teeth. "You promised me a SONG."

It's there. Here's the deal.

I hope to use this site, not just as a way to introduce folks to new music, but as a way to prompt myself to get writing.

But Blogger is notorious for taking down messages that contain links to popular bands. They just delete them. No warning, no notification, no saving as draft. Just gone.

So, one way I hope to combat that is to keep the file itself out of the post with the description. So the description will talk about the track, which shouldn't cause anyone any consternation. And it will be followed by a note that explains which post contains the actual link for the song, referenced by number.  Each post with the actual link is numbered and that number links the two posts together. The link is in the body of the post and also in the title. Click the link or title, hear the song. Right-click the link or title, download the song, then hear the song.

Comments work on the description posts, but not on the file posts. Make sense?

Also, I think you should pull down the songs and start them up before reading. If you read beforehand, there might be a spoiler or two, and I don't want to spoil it for you. If you're really disciplined, you should listen to the whole song beforehand, then listen to it again while you're reading.

Let me know if that works or not.

No comments: