Thursday, January 21, 2010

Tilly and the Wall : Pot Kettle Black

I have no idea who Tilly and the Wall are, but they seem sufficiently angry. From their 2008 album awesomely titled, O. This is a rockin' stomper, borrowing somewhat from the White Stripes, until the chorus hits and it breaks into a straightforward very pleasant pop-based hook. All is cruising along just fine, it's a fine song, and then...

Then they break into a funky clap-stomp breakdown that gives me butterflies and puts a smile onto my face every time. Oh yeah ... Clap it up, baby.

Anyway, as I said, I don't know anything about the band, or what their other stuff sounds like. But if you like it, grab a copy for your mom.

[You can listen to Tilly and the Wall's "Pot Kettle Black" by navigating to the post "Song014" and clicking or right-clicking on the title or the link.]


No comments: